Tuesday 1 July 2014

Monthly favourites - June

Ok, so I have decided that on the first day of each month I am going to highlight my three or four favourite items of the previous month and give mini reviews on them and why they have been important.



So to start off this month, I have Avon Skin So Soft. Now this stuff is fantastic! It's a dry oil that I use as a moisturizer and as a substitute for after sun. As it is an oil is can get quite slimey but the job it does is just fantastic. It instantly soothes the skin and when applied onto sunburn gives instant relief for the burning sensation. Another bonus is it contains something (no idea what) that acts as an insect repellent to keep all the bites away. Would recommend to anyone!

Secondly, I have my Dorothy Perkins sandal jellies for just £13 and they are the comfiest shoes I think I own. They are perfect for short walks, going out and just as everyday shoes too. At a reasonably low price they are so worth the money and I think an essential - there are many different colours to chose from if you don't like the mint colour.

And finally, Uncle Ben's Mexican rice. I have to admit, I am not the world's biggest rice fan but when I saw these pouches of rice on offer I thought I would try the plain rice and go for something different - the Mexican. And after trying it for the first time, I think I have been converted. The mix of spice is just right and it is neither too bland nor too spicy. This can be teamed with many things, whether with a curry or as a side to fajitas, I did the latter and it was possibly the best meal I have ever cooked for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)