Tuesday 11 August 2015

Malta

Oops... it appears I haven't done a blog in a very VERY long time. Apologies for that, I either haven't been in a writing mood or I have been pretty flipping busy this holiday. I thought that after my exams had finished I would have had an awful lot of free time for blogs, blogs and even more blogs. But it just hasn't worked out that way.

I'm going to start off this blog talking about my trip to Malta which I actually set off on over a month ago, i'm just terrible at doing things on time. It was one of the most amazing holidays I have ever been on. I went with the wonderful Rob who made the trip brilliant and nearly saved my life...

I had no idea what to expect with Malta and no idea how busy/quiet the place we were staying (St Paul's Bay) would be. It actually turned out to be slap bang in the middle.. in the day it was pretty quiet and relaxing yet in the evening everything came alive and the hustle and bustle of the pubs and restaurants became evident.


The first day I was stupid.. I stayed in the sun far too long and didn't drink enough water. This resulted in me losing my vision and fainting whilst half way up a flight of stairs. Luckily though I'd warned Rob my vision was going blurry and he actually managed to catch me mid-faint so I escaped with nothing more than a little bump on my shin. Could have ended up a lot worse and resulted in the rest of the holiday not being as good!

We spent most of the holiday just relaxing in St Paul's Bay but took two day trips. One was to Valetta which is the capital city of Malta and it was good to see lots of English shops and wander round exploring. The second day trip was on a boat trip (hadn't realised I was sea-sick until that day when my stomach was bouncing all over the place) where we visited two small islands Gozo and Comino. Comino is home to a Blue Lagoon where the waters are perfectly clear and it was breathtaking. We were given enough time to go swimming in the Lagoon which for me was the holiday highlight.



After initially having no idea what to expect it became one of the best holidays of my life and I know that Rob and I will go back there one day. It was absolutely beautiful and the views were just insane. I will just leave you with a couple more pictures from our trip...

Rob and I at Gozo 
Our first night in Malta


Overlooking St Paul's Bay
Relaxing by our rooftop pool






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)