Tuesday 14 October 2014

What to do with £1000

My school have just introduced a scholarship scheme where you can achieve amounts of £250, £500 or £1000 for your effort and attainment in school and it got me thinking what I would realistically spend that money on if I achieved the maximum amount of £1000!

1) Clothes, clothes and a few more clothes - £100
A girl can honestly never have too many clothes, I can say that a a huge proportion of the £1000 would definitely go on clothing, mainly skirts and dresses as I am getting more and more into the girly side of fashion rather than just jeans and a tshirt like I used to

2) Michael Kors watch - £200
I think this watch is absolutely perfect and I have wanted it for so long. I am absolutely useless at saving money and to be able to just go out and buy this watch would make me so happy!



3) Holiday - £250
I have already booked a holiday to Malta for next year and started saving up but if given £1000 I would be able to afford the remaining £150 needed to pay this money off. I would also put some more money aside to take my boyfriend for a lovely weekend away and spoil him rotten like he does with me

4) Treat my mum and sister - £100
My mum does so so much for me without even thinking twice and if I won this money then I would love to either take me, her and sister out for a huge posh meal or take her for a spa day or something to just say a little thank you for everything she does for me.

5) Give to charity - £100
I know in the scheme of things, £100 does not do a lot but to be able to know that I have made a difference to the community would be such a valuable achievement. I would split this money between Fox Street Community Centre (a local charity to myself) and also to Cancer Research as the work they do is just extraordinary and it has helped many people close to my heart.

6) Save for university - £200
I'd keep this money aside for when I start university so I can get the relevant textbooks and also if there are any university trips that would benefit me then I would use it to help pay for those too.

7) Have a big night in with friends - £50
My friends mean so much to me and I love them so much so to be able to get them all together without them having to worry about costs etc. would be great and we'd all have such a good laugh.


So there you have it... lets just hope I get the money ey? :P A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)