Monday 3 November 2014

Education systems need to realise....

After such a lovely week off for half term it was finally back to sixth form me today and I realised that none of the subjects that I take are actually going to help me in my later life and career.
I take psychology, business studies and religious education and none of these will help me to become a primary school teacher.
Why cant more places of education offer more vocational subjects? And why are BTECS seen as less academic than A Levels? 
More vocational subjects should be made available to students and they shouldnt be pressurised into taking more subjects than are deemed necessary for their course. If you want to be for example a fashion designer then surely textiles is the main subject you need to focus on and you shouldnt need additional subjects which are irrelevant to achieve your dream ambition.
Aged 16 you should start to be able to make your own decisions about which subjects you want to take and which you dont and I think the educational system needs to realise this.
Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)