Monday 10 November 2014

Why I love this time of year

We've just had Halloween and Bonfire night and now I believe it is officially the countdown to Christmas and my favourite time of the year

I though I would give you a list of my top few Christmassy and Wintery favourites!!

1) Snuggling up and having duvet days in a onesie and a toasty hot chocolate - there is nothing more comforting lounging around without a care in the world in front of an open fire whilst it pouring down outside keeping all warm and dry.
Onesie time!!

2) Christmas lights and fireworks - I don't know if it is just me but I find fireworks and lights pretty magical and Bonfire night is one of my favourite nights of the year by far.

3) Family re-unions - I always thought my family was really close but then it dawned on my recently that I really only see them around Christmas and we exchange gifts and eat a LOAD of food! Since we've all got older we don't see each other as much as I'd like and I always count down the days till I get to see my lovely cousins and uncles/aunties.

4) Christmas songs - It is only the 10th November and already I am holding back playing Christmas songs. They just instantly brighten my day and put me in a much happier mood

5) Giving and receiving presents - Now I think that everybody likes to get presents but I also really enjoy the satisfaction of giving a loved one a gift too. The look on someone's face when they love something that you put so much effort into finding is just so worthwhile.

6) THE FOOD!! I don't know why turkey is only really popular during the Christmas period, I love turkey so much and always eat so much I feel like I am about to pop.

7) My boyfriend has loads of time off work - Now this definitely does make me happy. Usually when I have time off sixth form like in summer then Rob still has to work but in Christmas he takes more time off and I get to spend more time with him and it makes me happy happy happy :D
Christmas with Rob
8) Christmas films - Watching all my childhood favourite films brings back so many happy memories from when Christmas was so so special and I still believed that Santa and the reindeer ate the mince pies, carrots and beer that we left out for them. Elf has to be the best film to ever exist and I watch it ever single year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)