Monday 18 May 2015

The end of an era..

So today marked the start of my last official week as a student of Fulwood Academy. I have longed for the day that I finally became free from school and I never have to go back again. But honestly, right now I couldn't think of a single thing worse. I 100% do not want to leave the sixth form after the most amazing 2 years with the most wonderful people.

I'm not going to sit here and write about how brilliant the school was. Quite frankly, there were a lot of decisions made that the majority of people disagreed with. But I guess that happens whichever school, sixth form, college etc that you go to, so to be honest it's not really a big deal. When I first applied to join the sixth form, I will admit I was dubious, but it is the best decision that I have ever made and there are two things that were absolutely perfect and I couldn't fault: the teachers and my peers.

The teachers there are absolutely brilliant (especially GN and LS), well definitely GM for proving my whole RE class with donuts in our double RE lesson every Friday - definitely made learning about old blokes from thousands of years ago a little bit more interesting. I couldn't say a single thing wrong about any of my teachers, they have made the last year not only so much for, but also so worthwhile. Swapping schools and redoing the year has helped me change my original grades of CCDDU to ABBB within the space of a year. And for helping me to achieve those grades, I cannot thank the teachers enough, you are all wonderful. Ooooh and a massive cheer for BK and HG for being the best sixth form leaders ever!! And again to BK for providing the best banter in the whole of the universe... NOT!

And moving on the to the one thing that has kept me going when times have been tough.. the best group of friends that I could have ever wished for. Walking into the building on my first day not knowing a single person was probably one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life, but all you all made me feel welcome straight away and within days it was if I had been there right from the start of year 7, and not 6 years later on. You've made me smile every single day, made my cry with laughter on more than one occasion and just been the best bunch of people to spend each day with.
Knowing that in 3 months we will be spread across the country in different universities and not being together every day makes me sad :( But unfortunately for you lot.. you won't be able to get rid of me that easily.

So thank you to everyone at Fulwood for the most amazing two years and the even more amazing memories. You will always be close to my heart (wow, that's cheesy) and I will miss you lots :( :(




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)