Thursday 15 January 2015

Fitness update

We are 15 days in and I have still not broken my new year's resolutions of getting healthier. My main aim is to basically be happy in a bikini when I go on holiday in July. I'm not into these crash diets that people go on so I am starting the fitness and healthy eating now rather than leaving it until 2 weeks before I go on holiday and panicking!

Since the start of January I have done quite well, yes there have been a few slip-ups on occasional days but all this healthy eating stuff is new to me, i've always eaten what I wanted, when I wanted within reason - if I craved a packet of crisps, I will have eaten a packet of crisps.

So far this month I have eaten much healthier, limiting what I eat and trying to avoid crisps and chocolates as much as usual. The look on some of my friend's faces when I pulled out a salad for my lunch on the first day was amusing. I went shopping with Rob for some healthier food and got a selection including lettuce, cucumber, carrots, kiwis, smoothies and peppers and for now I'm going to be sticking to a few healthy meals at a time. I believe that if you just make a drastic change you will never keep the motivation going, instead you will get bored and your hard work will have gone to waste.

I have also got more involved with the whole fitness side of staying healthy too. Since January I have gone on a couple of runs, been to the gym a few times (either with Rob or friends from sixth form, not a fan of going alone) and also started going to football again too. I want to start doing some home workouts too but not really sure where to start, anyone know any good websites with ones that work on? youtube tutorials? or exercise DVDs? Or even a good 30 day challenge, last year I attempted the 30 day squat challenge, my god was it hard work but I definitely saw results even after just a few days.

I'm going to set myself 3 different goals each month related to fitness and health:

  • Try to drink the recommended 2 litres of water a day.
  • Go to the gym at least twice a week as well as football practice each Tuesday
  • Start a new workout that I can do at home






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)