Thursday 8 January 2015

Make up phobia

It's my 19th birthday coming up (yes I know I look about 12, I feel it too don't worry) and I have been debating what to wear, how to have my hair and what make up to wear. I have decided on what to wear, a lovely playsuit thanks to the Boohoo boxing day sales and I know how I am going to have my hair. The only problem is the make up side of things. I hardly ever wear make up, and even when I do it literally takes me about 5 minutes - I will put the tiniest bit of foundation on as well as a lick of mascara and lipstick and then it's done. For my birthday though I want to do something different, more adventurous but I am honestly terrible at applying make up. As some of those who follow me on snapchat will know as they saw my miserable make up practice, when I try to attempt a smoky eye look this just turns into me looking like I have a black eye - not exactly the look I was going for.

So two nights ago I was there for hours and hours and hours trying to get some form of eye make up to look like it was supposed to be there and not like a 4 year old had drawn on my face and after many attempts I finally got something that I was a little bit impressed by - bear in mind this was the first time I had ever ever done eyeliner in my whole entire life!

Now I just need to sort out everything else: eyebrows, lips, foundation, blusher, bronzer, contouring (this thing I had never heard of before until I was watching a gazillion youtube tutorials today) and I feel completely out of my depth with it all. Also, going back to youtube vidoes, why do some tutorials claiming to be for 'complete beginners' do some weird tricky stuff that I will not in a million years be able to achieve.

Anyone got any really good easy make up tips or want to just be my personal make up artist for the rest of my life? Any offers welcome, will pay you in sweets and crisps.

Moll xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)