Tuesday 2 December 2014

Challenge Day 2

Today's prompt is "I really wish..."

At the moment I really wish interviews for university were easier. For those of you who know me, you will know that I am applying to study Primary Education at university next year but to be able to do this I need to go to interviews at each uni, I have 3 interviews done and completed and have got two more to go.
I have an interview tomorrow for Edge Hill and although I have had three already, I am still scared stiff!

Before my first interview I thought I would literally be in a room with one interviewer who would ask me questions about why I wanted to teach and that would be it and I could go back home. How wrong could I have been?

Each interview has made me do a presentation in front of a group of other candidates stating problems in education or a resources I could use in the classroom. If I wasn't scared enough of an interview, having to stand up in front of a group of people and talk was just horrendous. Luckily though, looking at feedback from interviewers my nerves haven't shown and from the 3 interviews I have had I have been given 3 offers for places on next years course.

For my interview tomorrow I need to bring in a children's book and give a 5 minute talk about how I could use it in a lesson as well 3 tests (in English, Maths and Science) as well as a one to one interview. The whole process should take about 3 hours so it is much shorter than previous ones I have been to that have lasted me all day.

So wish me luck, I think this is the toughest university to get into out of the ones that I have applied to! I will let you know how it all goes.
Got my fingers crossed!

Moll xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)