Wednesday 17 December 2014

Ooops! Day 17

I really am rubbish at this whole blogging every day thing so I am really sorry, just getting that out of the way first. It's been a pretty hectic week with just a lot of small things going on, nothing major. I've had my usual sixth form, seeing my dad and Rob and doing homework but as it's coming up to Christmas there is just so much extra to do like wrapping presents and writing/sending cards to everyone. It's a lame excuse but I honestly haven't had much free time at all recently oooh and I had a massive tidy and clear out of my room which took for ever!!! 

Anyway back to the writing challenge.. day 17: "what was the first thing you noticed today when you woke up?"

Now... it's currently half 4 in the afternoon and I can't even remember what I was doing an hour ago so this is tough to remember. I'm pretty sure it was how cold it was! Don't get me wrong, I love winter and it is my favourite time of the year but I cannot stand getting out of bed on a cold winters morning knowing that I have to be at school in under an hours time. It's already too hard to get out of bed, but when it is absolutely freezing it makes the job 1000 times harder. 

This prompt doesn't really give much scope to expand on anything so I will just give you a mini university update too.. 

Ok, so I applied to 5 universities and got interviews for all of them (whoop whoop). The first 4 interviews I went to were Cumbria, Chester, Manchester Metropolitan and Edge Hill and luckily I got offered places at all four. They were nothing like I imagined them to be and everyone there was so nice and made me feel relaxed. Then this time last week I was supposed to have an interview for Liverpool John Moores but I declined it before I even went. I wasn't going to spend money travelling there and back and have a whole day of interviews for a university I knew I definitely didn't want to go to. So now it is time to finalise the two universities that I am securing places at - this is the scary bit. Knowing that a choice that I make now affects my next 3 years is just bizarre. The whole of my life and education so far has been to enable me to get to university and it is now just around the corner. I am so nervous yet so excited at the same time!!

I put my first choice as The University Of Cumbria and my Insurance choice (in case things don't go according to plan) is Manchester Metropolitan. I would be over the moon to study at either of these places as they will both allow be to become a Primary School Teacher and that my dream is getting closer and closer.

Fingers crossed for the exams in the summer (and that I will actually blog for the next few days until my writing challenge is complete)

Adios amigos 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)