Tuesday 9 December 2014

Day 9 - What are you passionate about?

For as long as I can remember I have loved music, whether listening to it or playing it.

When it comes to listening to music I like pretty much anything, except for all the metal and "noise" which has no rhythm to it. Whether it's the current artists in the charts like Olly Murs or Taylor Swift or those that not many people have heard of from a country background.. Blake Shelton, Hunter Hayes, Brad Paisley etc. Country music is something that I am passionate about especially however sad that is to admit. The way that the artists write their songs is just beautiful and the sound of the acoustic guitar is just magical. I find that a lot of the current songs in the charts sound similar and all they seem to talk about is drink, drugs and sex - not exactly what you want your younger brother or sister to be listening to all the time.

As for playing instruments, from the young age of 6 I started learning the keyboard and then this progressed onto learning the piano where I eventually (due to my mum nagging me time and time again) managed to gain my Grade 5. I also learnt the recorder for a short amount of time but never really got the hang of it. But my deepest musical passion is the saxophone. I started playing aged 11 and fell in love instantly. The jazzy brassy sound the saxophone makes is just beautiful and it captured my heart. I learnt up to age 16 and finally quit after achieving my Grade 7 to concentrate of my school work and A Levels. The saxophone was different to the piano. My mum used to have nag me every single day to practice the piano but when it came to the saxophone I would jump at the chance to play and could keep playing for hours and hours until my mouth went numb.


Playing the saxophone has led me to the most amazing times of my life.. how many people can say that they played the saxophone on the main concert stage of DisneyLand Paris? ... I can! How many people can say they have played the saxophone in France, Austria, Germany and Holland? ... I can! 

The palace in Austria I played the saxophone at 

Playing the sax in Holland - How short was my hair?! :O


So yeah, I am pretty damn passionate about music and always will be. Not a day goes by where I don't listen to some form of music or another and who knows maybe I will rekindle my love for my saxophone sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)