Monday 23 February 2015

50 Shades of Grey

This evening I ventured off to the Odeon cinema to go and watch the highly anticipated film 50 Shades Of Grey with one of my best friends Beth. I am one of the view people who had not read the book previously so I had no idea what to expect at all.

Before watching the film I had seen and heard varying reports of how good/bad it was, from both the media and friends who had seen it. For some people exceeded expectations but for others it seemed to fall short of what they had expected. But in my personal opinion I can honestly say it is one of the best films I have watched in a long long time. The film absolutely blew my mind, I take my hat off to Sam Taylor-Johnson who has done a fabulous job directing. The film was so intense and I was glued to the screen from start to finish. What I thought was going to be a 2 hours full of sex was actually portrayed as more of a love story which pleasantly surprised me. Yes of course there were still some very erotic scenes but not much at all compared to what there has been hyped to be.

In my eyes the characters were cast perfectly. Dakota Johnson played Anastasia with just the right about of curiosity and her innocence was portrayed so well and no one can fault Jamie Dornan, he is just perfection all wrapped up! The music was also selected so well, I only saw the film earlier on today but already the Crazy In Love remix has been on repeat, who knew it could be so sexy and spine-tingling?!

The only disappointing part of the film for me was the ending, it just seems to stop. However, where there are sequels then you always going to be left with a cliff-hanger ending and I'm never happy with cliff-hangers haha. It has however definitely made me want to read the books to find out what happens next.

The film gets a 10/10 for me without a doubt and everyone who is old enough to go and watch the film really should do, I highly recommend it. I've already planned to go and watch it again and you girls can thank me after you've seen Jamie Dornan in it... wow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)