Sunday 22 February 2015

Drunk people

I went on a night out last night with some friends from my sixth form and when looking round at other people in the nightclub I wondered: why do people get so drunk that they can't control themselves anymore? There were people doing the weirdest abnormal dances, standing in the middle of the floor by themselves in a whole different world, people falling over and people looking like they are going to throw up at any minute.

The idea of getting drunk has not once appealed to me, yes I have drunk alcohol before and got 'tipsy' but never got drunk enough to the extent that it has changed my personality or affected my control or judgment.

Last night I stuck to my usual lemonade (call me boring, I'm really not bothered) and I still had a lovely night and I have done at every party or night out without being under the influence of too much alcohol. I don't think you need alcohol at all to have a good time and I really do not understand people who just get drunk for the sake of being drunk. I honestly do not understand how not being yourself, falling over and making an absolute idiot of yourself appeals to anyone in the slightest.

I like being the sober one in a group and I am sure I always will do. I like being the one who can remember every single detail of the night out, knowing I will be able to get home safe and in one piece and knowing that the morning after I will be absolutely fine and totally hangover free.

Last night seeing people falling over, getting aggressive and violent, going home with randomers and being sick makes me realise how bad alcohol can actually be. I have nothing against people who drink to loosen up, gain a bit of confidence and have fun but why let it spoil your night throwing up and making decisions that you are instantly going to regret in the morning (that's if you can remember it of course).

So yeah, rant over, just stay safe guys because I love you all too much for anything to happen.

Moll xx

4 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same. I'm not 18 yet so I can't go fully out partying but these days, parties in highschool are ridiculously filled with alcohol. I don't understand why you would want to be in such a state that you can't control yourself. We learnt at school the other day that when you get like that, you loose control of your airway so you are at a serious risk of choking to death. I think for me if I am having a drink I would never not be able to make proper decisions or never not be able to call an ambulance or give cpr to someone. I never think you need alcohol to have a good time and so many guys have told me that it's so unattractive you look like a complete idiot. Keep doing what your doing, you might start a trend ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly doubt I will start a trend, seems like it's just me against the rest of the world in my views towards it. Judging by my night out on Saturday everyone is out to get drunk. Maybe one day we will see a social change.
      Glad you share similar attitudes, at least I'm not alone! xx

      Delete
  2. I love being able to remember everything aswell

    ReplyDelete

All comment welcome :)