Tuesday 24 February 2015

Missing the saxophone

I never thought I would say this but I miss playing the saxophone so much. I started playing the saxophone when I was 12 years old and stopped playing aged 17 after I got rubbish results in my first year of sixth-form. I stopped playing the piano and the saxophone as well as all the sports that I was involved in to concentrate on my studies. It has thankfully paid off and my grades are much higher now thanks to the amount of time I put into them but I miss actually being good at something. I managed to reach a Grade 7 and I am absolutely gutted that I didn't carry on till I achieved Grade 8 as it's the highest grade you can achieve. The sad thing is that I highly doubt I will pick it up again, after not playing for so long you forget so much of what you have learnt that is hard to go back.

I was in the habit of playing the saxophone every single day and whenever I hear or see a saxophone I wish that I had never given it up. Playing the saxophone has lead to so many great things and through it I have made some of the best friends ever through being in certain bands and I've had the chance to travel to various countries. I mean, how many people can say that they have played around Europe and played the saxophone at the main concert stage in DisneyLand Paris?! ... I can, whoop whoop!


Before a 'Thriller' performance - one of my favourite pictures ever! 

In Holland with my old school's jazz band



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)