Thursday 19 February 2015

Exam countdown and Cumbria Uni

Oh help!

It was 3 months yesterday till my first exam of the year and I am bricking it. Knowing that these are my last exams and how well I do in these decides my whole future is terrifying. If I don't do well in these exams then I won't get into university and then it is much harder to be a teacher! HELP!

I have 7 exams to take this year: 3 in Business (1 is a resit from last year), 2 in Religious Studies and 2 in Psychology. I am only confident in one of my business papers and the rest I am rubbish at. However, my brain is finally getting itself into gear and getting motivated to do revision so that I can do well. I just wish I was one of those people that doesn't get distracted easily from schoolwork and can actually sit down at a desk all evening and do work or revision. My mind just wanders all the time and I find it so hard to concentrate so I have to take a lot of breaks so that my brain comes back re-focused.

I've made a resolution to use all but 1 of my free periods at school effectively. That one free lesson a week that I don't use effectively I want to just relax so I can work better for the rest of the time. My aim is by the end of the half term holiday to have drawn out a massive revision timetable and to stick to it properly up until my exams that start on the 18th May.

We have our second round of mock exams in 2 weeks and once these are over I will know where my weak points are and to make sure that I know which parts of the course I need to focus on most.

After a university applicant day yesterday at the University of Cumbria I am more determined than ever to do well. I got to go to my future uni (I hope, fingers crossed) for a day and have talks about what uni is like and what to expect. On top of that I got to go on a tour of the accommodation they have on offer as well as have a session led by lecturers which showed what the typical lecture/lesson would have been like for my course - Primary Education. And as well as that I got a free hoody too as I have already put it as my firm choice which was an added bonus!

I am so excited for university and I cannot wait for September to come at all. Now it's just time to get my head down and focus so that I ace these exams!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)