Wednesday 18 February 2015

Surviving Indoor Skydiving!

My mum got me and Rob some tickets to try indoor skydiving as a Christmas present and I have to be honest I have been terrified from the moment I opened the envelope with the tickets inside. But yesterday the day finally arrived and off we headed to Airkik in Manchester. Indoor skydiving is something I have never shown an interest in or even wanted to do in my life, but my darling mother decided it would be a perfect present... hmmmm

After being so scared and nervous for 2 months I actually thoroughly enjoyed myself. Being lifted off your feet by 90mph winds and having no control over what your body was doing was actually surprisingly fun and I would definitely recommend it to anyone! (You're in completely safe hands I must add)

When actually flying you are given a 50 second flight time each, now this sounds like absolutely nothing but believe me time went so slowly and it felt like I was in the wind tunnel for ages. When I was in the wind tunnel all the nerves went and I had a lot of fun. An instructor is with you at all times to make sure that you are controlled and know what to do which put my mind at rest a lot. After me and Rob had each had our separate flights then we got to go in the wind tunnel together which was the best part. I had an amazing time even if I did look like an idiot in a jumpsuit, goggles and weird shaped helmet. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone, it's safe for anyone above 4 and is such a fantastic experience and I would definitely go again. Thank you to Airkik and our instructor Luca for the best time! And thank you to my mum for a present that I will never forget! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)