Monday 23 February 2015

Hurry up Summer

Sunbathing with Rob 
There are many reasons that I adore summer: the sun, BBQs, ice cream, holidays, no school and late nights are just a few of them. When it comes to the summer time and there is no school, everyone is happier and more relaxed with nothing to do but just chill.

I'm currently on the countdown to summer - well it's actually a countdown until my exams have finished (17th June - 113 days) but they are the same thing in my eyes. As soon as my exams are done then summer can officially begin. It's probably going to the longest summer ever as I don't even start university until the middle of September and I really want to pack as much in as possible to make it worthwhile.

If my work was a bit more flexible so I could take more time off and if I had more money then I would definitely have gone travelling. There are a couple of people I know who have been on gap years this year and have been to loads of places and it has made me so so jealous. I
 will get round to it one day! However, that plan has been scrapped and instead I will be doing a few more days of work at Primark so I can save up some money for university. I am also lucky enough to be going away to a few places as well: Malta and Cornwall with Rob and then Barcelona with my mum and my sister. It will be great to get out of Preston for a bit and enjoy some 'proper' sun.

Me and my cousin canoeing last year <3
I've also got some inspiration from films as well. You know in films where groups of friends have a massive BBQ and sit around a little camp fire just chatting and being relaxed together as a group? I definitely want to do this in the summer ahead. Rob's also agreed to be in charge of the BBQ so that's a bonus and one step forward in arranging it (as long as we don't die from food poisoning hehe)

Fingers crossed it will be the best summer of my life and I am determined to make it this way!
Now all I need is to get these exams out of the way and I can enjoy myself to the max.

Thought I would share a few snaps from last year's summer:

Enjoying the beach - one of my favourite things about summer
SWIMMING :D
In Salou about to go on Europe's highest rollercoaster yay!
Trying (and failing) to get a tan in my garden






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)