Saturday 7 March 2015

6 things I wish I'd known at high school...

So I'm not actually much older than high school age myself, only two and a half years older in fact so I can't judge anyone there or say they are doing things wrong but there are certainly things that I would have changed or wish that I had known....

1) Exam results aren't the end of the world - I was absolutely determined to get straight A's at the end of my high school GCSE's and yes I did do pretty well (1 A*, 10 A's and a B) but to be honest, I could have got away with getting lower grades and still got into the sixth form I am at now. Teenagers are put under so much pressure to get straight A*s at high school when really getting an A in geology (study of rocks) isn't likely to get me anywhere at all in life.

2) Family is what the world revolves around - Everyone spends so much time at high school arguing with their parents, telling them to shut up and to go away when actually when you look back you realise how much time you have wasted that could have been spent with your loved ones.

3) Do things for yourself - Too many young people get caught up trying to impress the wrong person and are devastated when it all falls apart. Live your life impressing yourself not some jerk who isn't worth a single second of your time. Been there done that it honestly gets you nowhere.

4) Never get pressured into doing anything - This goes with number 3, there will be times when people try to force you do things and it is completely fine to say NO! It doesn't mean you're childish or a coward, it means you have self-respect and that is going to get you places giiiiirl!! It's ok to say no to anything you aren't comfortable with whether its drink, smoking or anything else. Those who try to force you obviously don't have your best interests at heart.

5) Make the most of every single day - You're going to look back on your time at high school and realise that they were the easiest and best times of your life. I would honestly do anything to go back and live those five years again!

6) You're next few years are a roller-coaster -  you will gain one truly amazing boyfriend in your life but sadly you lose another special man in your life. But things get better, I promise you!

High school I miss you :(




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)