Thursday 12 March 2015

Is anyone ever happy with the way they look?

When I hear people talk about how they hate their body, especially girls, it genuinely makes me feel sad. I'm not saying I love my body at all, but I don't think it's horrendous either. But getting extremely upset when you look in a mirror is something that happens to many people out there and I think that this needs to change. If Gok Wan had anything to do with us then he would be getting us all naked telling us to love ourselves... maybe I wouldn't go that far! 
 
Self-confidence is something that a lot of people lack, especially when it comes to their appearance. We are always so keen to compliment others on how nice their hair looks, what they are wearing, how nice their figure is etc. Yet when it happens to us we're like "erm... pardon? what? .... nice joke!!" Not many people actually accept a compliment and can look in the mirror and be happy with they see in the reflection. I know definitely want lots of things improving with the way I look.

Yet everyone has different ideals: I know people who want to be thinner, whilst others want to be more toned, others want to bulk up massively and others want to gain weight. Often short people want to be taller and tall people want to be shorter, people with straight hair wish they had naturally curly wavy hair and vice versa. I could look at every single one of my friends and say they looked perfect and nothing should be changed but they are determined that they are not happy with themselves even though no-one else sees anything wrong. 

It got me thinking, is any one ever 100% completely happy with the way that they look or does everyone want to change something about themselves? 

I think we all need to start being positive and accepting ourselves as who we are more often and try to make a change. I know that I've started back at the gym after a couple of months off to try to be happier with my body but I know that I will never be 100% happy, there will always be something I want to improve. 

Lets try and stay positive guys!! xxx





1 comment:

  1. Your so right. I've really learnt to love my self since ever being sick, I have realised that I only have this body, and this body looks after me through thick and thin more than anyone else. Our differences make us beautiful and its when we feel confident in our selves that beauty just radiates from within. I've never not met a beautiful person, everyone is beautiful in their own way and that's the cool thing about it xx

    ReplyDelete

All comment welcome :)