Sunday 22 March 2015

Getting back into running...

I guess having a boyfriend who is a pretty damn good runner and a dad as a runner should mean that I'd have taken up running a LOT earlier.. but nope, not me.

I used to run (a little bit) a couple of years ago and was part of a running club which is how I met the wonderful Rob, but then it started getting colder, my work load at sixth form built up and I had exams to cope with and I quite frankly couldn't be bothered at all so I stopped it.

But within the past couple of weeks I've started to pick it up again and I'm going to be honest.. I love getting back into the swing of things. I always feel so much better after a run, I can be in a horrible mood before hand but once I've sweated it all out then I feel fab!

This past week I have gone for 4 runs, all just over 2 miles each. I'm gradually going to start building up the mileage and document my progress. I think one of the problems I had previously was trying to do too many miles straight away which made me hate pretty much every single run because I nearly died at the end of each one. So this time round I'm starting off slowly to make sure I stay in the habit and don't just give up after a month. I'm determined to do a 10K at some point; my ideal aim would be to have a run a marathon by the time I die but right now that is a tad ambitious.

Let's just hope the weather stays nice for now so I can be more motivated to go for my nice little runs :D

Also, shout out to this wonderful fella for getting a Personal Best in his Wilmslow Half Marathon today, words can't express how proud I am of you, even if you did throw up multiple times after you'd finish (...lovely)
My boy <3




1 comment:

  1. I love running so much too! I'm definitely more of a short distant sprinter so i really enjoy my 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m sprints! Hope you keep running!

    ReplyDelete

All comment welcome :)