Monday 16 March 2015

Revision revision revision

Mock exam week results come out next week at my school and even before I them out I know one thing.. I have to get my bum into gear and get some work done (and quick!!!!)

I have actually been pretty good these last couple of weeks using my free periods at school to do work whereas I always used to just mess around on my iPad browsing the Daily Mail and shopping online! I've also been doing a bit of work in the evenings but not much and I always try to leave my weekends free if possible to just relax. But I think that needs to change. 

I worked out today that it is only 63 days until my first exam, so just over 2 months away, yikes. And my last exam is 93 days away. Meaning just 3 months of hard work to go and then I can relax. I will be able to have a much better summer if I know for a fact that I did my very best and there is nothing more I could have done. 

Revision has always been a complete bore to me and I just used to read the textbook the night before and hope for the best, which never happened, hence why I had to redo year of sixth form. I wouldn't recommend that revision technique to anyone, I've been there, done that, and it worked horrendously. 

Last year though I tried something new, I actually revised months ahead of my exams and surprise surprise it worked and I was happy with my results. So obviously I am doing this again this year. Revision is going well and I have already made loads of revision cards for the 54 different case studies I need to know in full in psychology and I have made revision sheets for my other subjects too. I've made them all look nice and pretty because I know if it's just in plain black and white I will never look at them again. I've been surprised with how effective they have been to be perfectly honest with you. Who knew just adding a bit of colour would help?!

Revision sheets so far
Revision cards
So yeah, a few things are going to have to take a bit of backseat for now as revision is my number 1 priority and blogging may be one of the things that I stop for a little bit, but we will see how things go ey? 

Adios 
Molly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comment welcome :)